Academic Success Center (ASC)
The Academic Success Center (ASC) is where students can go for tutoring for their classes. Located inside the library, the Academic Success Center offers a variety of learning options for all students. The center provides:
- Individual tutoring by drop-in or appointment
- Group tutoring by tutors
- Computer-assisted tutorials and instruction
- Computer Lab and Electronics Lab software and instruction
- Electronic workstations for assisted learning
- References and resources to supplement your textbooks
- A convenient place to study on your own or in small groups
The tutors in the ASC are full-time students who work as part-time tutors. All tutors have at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA and a strong understanding of course materials. You may schedule an appointment with a tutor or see any available tutor without an appointment.
The mission of the ASC is enhance student learning by providing academic assistance beyond classroom instruction. The ASC can:
- Help students in all programs meet the standards of their coursework at DeVry
- Provide students and their tutors a place conducive to studying and learning
- Offer electronic and print resource materials for many subjects
The ASC can assist you in many ways. In it, you can:
- Complement your present study habits
- Review course material
- Get clarification about material learned in class
- Prepare for tests and assignments
- Receive support and motivation
This is a very common question. In case you are unsure of the answer, here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Have you missed classes due to illness, business, or a family emergency?
- Are you having difficulty understanding the material that is presented in class?
- Was your exam score lower than you expected?
- Is your lab assignment not working properly?
- Have you been away from the class environment for a number of years?
- Do you suffer from test anxiety?
- Are your study habits lacking?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then the ASC can assist you.
We are inside the library and are open:
Monday through Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
ASC Front Desk: (909) 868-4001
ASC Manager: Richard Villagomez (909) 868-4002 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org